Leek, mushroom & kale bake
Ready in 18
- 25g vegan butter/spread
- 2 leeks sliced and cleaned
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 400g Mushrooms sliced
- 100g Kale chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh Thyme
- 600 ml plant based milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 6 slices of Bertinet Bakery white sourdough bread sliced in half
- Vegan cheese of choice
- Pre-heat your oven to 180c
- Add the butter and leeks to a frying pan and fry until soft and caramelising – aprox 7-8 minutes.
- Now add garlic, mushrooms and kale. Fry for 3-4 minutes, until tender.
- Set aside
- Transfer to a medium oven proof dish.
- In a medium jug – whisk together the plant based milk, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Start layering the veg in a medium oven proof dish, then bread then pour a little milk mix over the bread. Repeat
- Finish with a bread layer then pour over the remaining wet mix so that the bread is submerged.
- Top with grated vegan cheese if you wish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until the bake is set and the tops of the bread are golden-brown on top.