This privacy notice tells you about the information we collect from you when you submit an enquiry to us via this website. In collecting this information, we are acting as a data controller and under European law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your data.
It is Bertinet Bakery’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website. Accordingly, we have developed a set of privacy notices in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate, disclose and otherwise make use of personal information.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- We do not use your personal information for marketing purposes unless you actively sign up for marketing by checking the relevant box, or you sign up in a clearly marked form.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We collect your IP address and store it for 3 months for the prevention and protection against attacks to our website.
- Personal data we collect is relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, we make all efforts to ensure the data is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. If this is not the case, please email us and we will update your information.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes unless required by law.
WHO ARE WE?
Our company name is The Bertinet Bakery Limited. Our registered company address is Unit 12, Garrick Road Industrial Estate, Irving Way, Hendon, NW9 6AQ. You can contact us by post, by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 01225 920069.
We have nominated a Data Protection Officer so any enquiries about our use of your personal data should be addressed to the contact provided at the end of this page.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT WHEN CONTACTING US?
When you submit an enquiry to us, we will have collected your name, your email address and a description of your enquiry in your email.
If you provide it, we may also collect your address or any other personally identifiable information.
We will only request the minimum amount of information required for the purposes of responding to your enquiry.
Depending on how your email was sent to us, we may also have access to the IP address where the email originated.
WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
We will use your information to respond to your enquiry and hopefully provide you with the information you need. We do this in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract i.e. as part of pre-sales activity or post-contract i.e. you have recently made a purchase. The legal basis of processing this data is for the performance of this contract.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
Your email will be processed via our email server in the EU and transferred to our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system which is hosted by Freshworks Inc in the USA. Freshworks are a company certified with the US-EU Privacy Shield and we also have in place a contractual agreement to ensure adequate protection of your data. Details of Freshworks’ certification can be viewed here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnbQAAS&status=Active
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
In order for us to fully assess your enquiry, we may need to forward your enquiry to other internal departments. For example, if your enquiry relates to a specific bakery, we may ask the bakery manager to assist with your enquiry as they are likely to be best placed to do so. Access to your information is limited to only those who are required to assist in your enquiry. There is a legitimate interest to share this information within the business to ensure that the most efficient response to your enquiry is provided.
Your personal information is never shared with anyone outside of the business.
We will read your message and normally respond to you either via email or telephone if you have provided a phone number.
We will not use the information to make any automated decisions that might affect you.
We do not use your data for any other purpose other than to provide you with customer service under our contract with you as a potential or existing customer.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
Your enquiry is kept in our CRM system for two years for business analysis purposes and in case we need to present evidence in court. We may keep your data for longer than two years if the law requires us to.
YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR INFORMATION
By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, you can see it, and in some circumstances, you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate. You can also ask for it to be erased if there is no legal basis for us to keep it and you can ask for us to give you a copy of the information.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
If you have any concerns about how your data is used or wish to act upon any your data rights, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also write to them at:
The Data Protection Officer,
Unit 12, Garrick Road Industrial Estate,
YOUR RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
We would like the opportunity to understand your concerns and put them right. Your first point of contact if you have a concern or complaint over the use of your data should be our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. If you are not happy with the outcome, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or write to them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office,